To ensure the safety of our staff & clients the following guidelines will be followed at all Body Outfitters locations. – These policies and procedures are subject to change if new guidelines are required by governing bodies or if new recommendations are provided by the CDC – Updated 11/12/2020 – changes in italics
Body Outfitters will:
- Provide ample supplies for hand washing / sanitizing
- Clean and disinfect the studio thoroughly each day with extra attention to frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, countertops, benches, etc
- Provide communication to clients as appropriate regarding exposure to COVID-19
- Continue to prioritize the health and safety of employees and clients
- Ensure that workout zones are set to achieve social distance guidelines
- Zones and equipment will be cleaned between appointments
- Provide services by appointment only
- Has installed at the Zionsville studio REME HALO® In-duct Air Purifier
- Undergo a health screening each morning (temperature check, wellness, and COVID-19 contact questionnaire)
- Wear cloth face coverings when on-site
- Wash or sanitize hands frequently, including in upon entering the studio, between each session, after using the bathroom
- Will frequently disinfect their training zone
- Will clean all equipment used by a client in between sessions
- Will self-isolate if symptomatic (i.e. fever, cough, or shortness of breath) for 14 days or until test results for COVID-19 are negative and symptoms have subsided. – they may continue virtual training during this time if health allows
- Will self-isolate for 14 days if tested positive for COVID-19 – they may continue virtual training during this time if health allows
- Will inform management if a household member is symptomatic or tests positive for COVID-19 for direction as to how to proceed.
- Trainers will maintain a social distance of 6 feet from one another.
- Leave cell phones at the front desk and sanitize/wash hands after use
- Keep personal belongings in the studio to a minimum
- Not enter the studio if symptomatic (i.e. fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or if they have tested positive for COVID-19 for at least 14 days.
- Not enter the studio if a household member is symptomatic (i.e. fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or if they have tested positive for COVID-19 for at least 14 days
- If you have had a known exposure to COVID-19 through work or other activities continue to participate in virtual training.
- Will not bring children into the studio unless the child has a training session.
- To help reduce the number of clients on-site at a given time, clients are asked not to linger after the session.
- Will maintain social distance from other clients while in the studio
- Wash/Sanitize hands before beginning session
- Will bring their own water bottles – water fountains will be available only for bottle refills
Cleaning and disinfecting of the studio:
- All equipment used during sessions will be disinfected before the next session begins using CDC approved products
- All hard surfaces and frequently touched surfaces such as: as door handles, countertops, benches, keyboards, faucets, handrails, etc throughout the studio and in the bathrooms will be disinfected a minimum of 2x a day and at the end of the day using CDC approved products
- All cell phones will be kept at the desk and employees will sanitize/wash hands after use